Link speed matters

I had a recent site go viral. The one thing I noticed when you actually have a site is what happens. You do end up starting to getting links. But it takes a bit, over the past three months my site has only garnered about 150 referring domains. Although those domains in general are pretty quality, it didn't happen over night.

Ye I have the same impression. I got dofollow links from different sites (.gov as well) but the links did not appear in my webmaster tools. Then I checked site:www.mysite.com and realized that google indexed some of my backlinks so I just assumed that it is webmaster tools that need a refresh (and yes, it got refreshed on the beginning of the month). However some of the pages are still not there (I know they are being indexed by google) so I assume that aside of mention delay, it is still important that website has a fresh submit of sitemap on referring domain and < changefreq> takes effect as well. Here is example of a link being acknowledged after 3 months: 1 month: sitemap uploaded and fetched after about a month + 1 month: changefreq 'monthly + 1 month: webmaster tools refresh